Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Just relief this time......

I am so pleased to be able to say that I just uploaded a word doco with my e-learning plan in it! It is indeed a relief....I am not one to be late with things and although being a e-learner gives me the opportunity to schedule life and study, sometimes things just are. I am in the middle of what has been an incredibly lengthy process towards a senior nursing position in a national organisation. I am off for the final stage on thursday.... trial by meet and greet. At this stage, I am not sure whether to laugh or cry, so have settled on one last herculean effort in the pick me department: wine, tears, joy whatever later....... definitely wine tho!

Interestingly, evaluation has become incredibly important on this journey, not only for the sake of this paper and the big picture course, but also for the potential new position..... I sense that people in the real world are interested at last about the impact of education. A simulation course I previously evaluated was of great interest to the first interview panel. Again, around learning technologies but this time ROI in relation to simulated events. They are also interested in the value e-learning can add (YAY!). 

Over the last few weeks I have been enabled to stop, think and reflect. We have changed the happy sheet evaluation forms for the F2F courses and have started to include far more learning technologies into these sessions. Just quietly, we are making changes... so, e-learning hopefully won't be the hospital's equivalent of the big bang! But getting there....... still slow progress, but the luxury of thinking allowed me to drill down to what it is I have to be able to know. That's why, at the 11th hour, I changed the e-learning guidelines for my project. It gives me an opportunity to involve the CFO when using the concept maps, and to have him be a stakeholder whose opinion is valued within the first project. I know I am being political, but some times you need to keep your off-siders close! Indeed, the Hay article demonstrated how getting a group of people on board from the beginning gives that shared sense of community. Anyway, I look forward to any feedback and advice.

Nearly there!
Sam 

2 comments:

  1. sam Have you uploaded your plan to Google documents? If so you need to add me as a collaborator via Share so I can add feedback. And also publish it as a web page and post the URL onto your blog so we can all see it. At the moment is is an enticing mystery. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sam,

    Where can we access the document?

    Cheers

    Hervé

    ReplyDelete